Friday, March 28, 2008

loco latte? not quite...

Crazy Mocha • Sewickley• Friday, March 21st, 2008

I have visited this Crazy Mocha on many occasions, and in all honesty I have never really found a good drink there. I have found drinks that suite their purpose, but they never are exceptional. I often find Crazy Mocha spends too much on trying to be crazy, and not enough on coffee basics. My last time in I got (let's take a guess here...) a vanilla soy latte! It was decent enough, no flavor out weighed another.

The service was decent enough, no extra effort to be friendly this time. My drink was speedily made, and I was out the door. I do have to say though, one thing that drives me crazy is that they don't put lids on their cups (in all honesty I am surprised that they can get away with this now.) The lids aren't even on the counter, which means I have to take a full cup of coffee across the room, without spilling it, just so I can get a lid and not spill it in my car.

The atmosphere has the artsy dark cave appeal. They have a lot of coffee chairs, and even an upper level. They also have free wi-fi as well as two computers you can use to get online (usually taken up by local middle schoolers). My favorite feature of Crazy Mocha is the garage door. They will open it when its warm out, and actually let some sun into the store. Also in warm months they have a patio area with chairs, which is very nice.

Last note on Crazy Mocha is that they have amazing desserts. If you need a reason to go to one, this is why. They have cakes, pies, amazing peanut butter brownies, cookies as big as your head, and chocolate dipped oreos. Then again one should consider, is the right reason to go to a coffee shop for the baked goods?


three beans!

1 comment:

sides said...

How about a post in regards to 'coffee making' being an actual thing? Many of your less-cultured readers are likely dumbfounded that being a coffee store worker..err.."barista," involves some sort of knowledge and ability outside of pulling a lever.

Your posts always spend at least some time on the friendliness of the baristas, is this a trait Headmasters preach to their students? Is it a requirement?

Some info would be fun and enlightening, because I never knew there were coffee snobs who adhere to such strict guidelines.

Glad to have you back after your 10 month hiatus!